Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Beneficial Book~

All my life I have always enjoyed reading books; the excitements that I obtain from them are impossible to explain. I have read over 100 books this year on every genre and ever size (usually 200-500 pages) and I think that this prompt would be really hard to talk about. Out of all the books that I have read in my life I think that “The Good Earth” by Pearl S. Buck has greatly impacted my perspective on things and has benefited me in all kinds of ways.
                I read the book “The Good Earth” my freshman year for my literature class; we were assigned to read it by my teacher and once I had read the book I felt that it had changed my view and perspective on most things. Being a classical book it had impacted my view on other classical books; the book had made me much more interested into reading other classical books. Over the three years since I have read the book I have read Huckleberry Finn, The Great Gatsby, Fahrenheit 45, The Things They Carried, Kite Runner and Native Son. Just because of that one book, it had opened my eyes to a new ‘world’ where adventures of every sort happen in your mind.
                The Good Earth was a really good book and I do recommend to some people that it would change your perspectives on books like these. Not only is this book interesting, it also brings out some of your emotions, mostly anger, which is a plus because books like these are really hard to find. So, if you ever see “The Good Earth” is your local book store try and read it; it may not be the ‘fun’ to read at first but once you get into the book then you will enjoy it.

                I really really really love to read books; I do not know what got me started with the reading but once I started I never stopped. I have read all types of books; thriller, horror, tragedy, romance, adventure, ect. And I can tell you this, I never regretted reading them. I think once I start college I won’t read as much books as I want to but I will still find time for that… Thank You~

No comments:

Post a Comment