Thursday, December 12, 2013

What I believe about Justice~

Have you ever read a story where a bad guy either takes over the world or robs a major business or banking industry? Have you ever read about how a(n) mysterious hero who donates to charity and helps out the poor pops out of nowhere and defeats the bad guy later bringing peace and justice to all of man-kind? Justice is something that most people define as when something or someone that has done wrong is either corrected or punished. By most people I include myself because that is what I believe about justice too; but I usually use it in context for superheroes and homicide detectives.
I believe that justice is the only thing that we hold after either being sullied, dirtied or killed; this reason is because after all these things, we usually hold HUGE grudges or fear for everything that had been done to us and we want to correct it. People are very very vengeful, they want to do what they believe is right and get  justice for what had happened…This is why they made jails and most importantly the death penalty. I am not saying that this is bad, it’s just that most of the time justice is implicated towards some people that didn’t even do wrong; I believe in the death penalty but in a much more lenient way of thinking.
I believe that justice is more defined when relating to superheroes and stuff like that because they face crime and problems almost every day of their lives. Superheroes are more likely to encounter dangers and wrong doings, which they believe that it is their responsibility to do what is right… Guess how it all started though? Most of the superheroes that were brought up either chose this life of saving lives out of revenge or they had a really sad childhood…Name one of the superheroes that did not have a sad childhood or wanted revenge. I also believe that justice is clearly found in most homicide detectives because they actually do something for the real world; they figure out who killed who and technically kill them later (death penalty, if the state allow it.) I put then in the hero category because they actually bring justice to this cruel world…well not as cruel just a world that needs to be improved more.
Justice is really hard to talk about because I still really do not understand it to and extreme point; the only justice I have encountered is when i get my stuff back or read it in the newspaper or something. As you may know I live on an island and there isn’t really much happening here; the only sort of crime we have is theft of money or things but that is it… My views of justice though are none the less different from other people; through the knowledge of books and movies and of course superheroes, I think I grasp the concept of what justice is.




No comments:

Post a Comment